Product Manager and Technical Support Engineer Desigo
Job ID: 299164
Work location: Zug
Mode of employment: Full time only
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with around 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organization, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
Within our Building Technologies international department we cover 45 countries in the regions of Africa, Middle East and Asia. Our Product Management team, responsible for “comfort”, is in charge of the entire lifecycles and support of our devices and applications. Furthermore, we support our sales teams and customers already in the pre-sales phase.
Your job – challenging
and future oriented
- You are responsible for parts of the DesigoTM building automation system for the entire product life cycle management including introduction, maturity and phase out.
- You keep a good overview about competitors and various markets. By conducting market analysis, you provide intelligence to determine sales arguments, pricing, positioning and define specific marketing actions.
- You provide technical and (pre-) sales support for your colleagues and our international partners during the offering, engineering, commissioning and service phases. Tasks include supporting partners and the internal Sales team with bills of material.
- Tracking sales figures to determine market trends or possible issues to be able to react on time is another part of your job.
- You prepare and execute trainings for partners in Zug (CH) and abroad.
- Also, you support partners by participating in exhibitions, road shows, seminars, consultant and customer visits.
Your skills and experience
- A university degree or higher education in electrical, controls, and/or HVAC/mechanical engineering is a good base for this job. Ideal would be an additional economic focus of your studies.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in the field of HVAC or Building Technology gives you a solid background.
- You bring along an advanced knowledge in Desigo (Desigo CC, Desigo PX, Desigo TRA…) and knowledge of bus technologies and protocols such as BACnet, Modbus, KNX, OPC, LON.
- You bring along the potential or experience to conduct pre-sales or presentations in front of clients.
- Your good communication skills and openness for intercultural cooperation enables you to work on a global scale.
- Business fluency in English is mandatory. Candidates speaking German will have an edge.
- 20% of the time, you are willing to travel.
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs/why.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 299164 at: Alexis Stavrianidis, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 299164
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only