Global Software Product Manager
Job ID: 300410
Work location: Zug
Mode of employment: Full time only
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organization, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
The Global Software Product Manager will be a member of the global product management team within the Fire Safety business segment and will help driving the segment’s vision, strategy and execution, managing the digitalization of the fire safety industry with innovative products and services.
As a Software Product Manager, you will work with cross-functional teams with a wide range of tasks and activities in order to strengthen and further enhance our flagship Danger Management System (DMS) software product. This position requires interaction with R&D, sales, regions, and other stakeholders. To be successful you need to be self-motivated, energetic, well-organized and comfortable when challenging the status quo.
Your new responsibilities
- Developing, maintaining and implementing a clear product roadmap with focus on the integration of Fire Safety and Security systems and applications into the Danger Management System Products
- Continuous alignment of product strategy with the overall business direction
- Analyzing customer needs and market segments to identify value propositions along our customer’s value chain
- Defining marketing and roll-out concepts and introducing offering to customers, related partners and regional companies
- Defining and aligning targets with countries, monitoring and supporting their development
- Pro-actively and regularly communicating with our regional field organization to ensure adherence to guidelines
- Collaborate effectively with our R&D teams to meet customer value, quality and time-to-market targets
- Team up with sales for successful marketing and international roll-outs of your products
Your skills and experience
- System-, software -engineering degree. Ideally a Master in Computer Science
- Product management know-how is essential, combined with conceptual skills to identify business opportunities
- Your strong customer focus and your ability to think out of the box helps you to anticipate customers’ needs and future trends to translate them into product requirements.
- Any knowledge of Fire Safety and Security (Video surveillance, Access Control, Intrusion) technology in a system- or solutions-oriented business is beneficial
- Experience working with Agile / LEAN working principles
- Good insight of cloud technologies is considered an advantage
- Strong presentation, negotiation and communication skills to drive customer presentations and interactions
- A winning personality able to collaborate effectively in global teams and exercise influence in intercultural environments, stakeholders including all hierarchical levels
- Business fluent English is mandatory, applicants speaking German have an advantage
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/employer.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 300410 at: Gabriela Hubmann, E-Mail email@example.com. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 300410
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only