PG SC CN COE Lead Engineer
For the Gas Turbines Packaging Engineering Hub in Shanghai, Siemens is seeking to fill the position of Gas Turbine packaging engineering lead engineer at the earliest opportunity. The gas turbine power plants are configured as simple cycle or combined cycle with an output range of 200 MW to 1000 MW or more.
The position is in COE Shanghai Engineering Hub in the Siemens Ltd. China (SLC) that functionally reports to PG SC CN COE (Power & Gas, Sales and Customer Operations, China Region, Packaging Customer Order Engineering).He/she will mainly work with system COE engineering teams in China and Germany to lead technical support of the project execution for SIEMENS CCPP projects, and also support other cross-systems’ engineering tasks as needed.
What are my responsibilities?
As the gas turbine packaging engineering lead engineer the responsibilities include to mainly lead GT/GN packaging engineering scope to support new apparatus project execution for SIEMENS CCPP projects, and also lead engineering internal tasks to interface with other cross-functional organizations, such as Sales/Proposal support, China design baseline, China localization activities, business partner technical communication, and so on.
New Apparatus Project Execution responsibilities include:
- Contract technical review and evaluation;
- Coordinate COE technical Comos configuration;
- Evaluate changes in scope in terms of costs, risks and schedule
- Plan and support PDP reviews as necessary
- Lead for overall documents
- Coordinate internal COE tasks and communication with PM
- External customer (including Design Institute) technical communication and attend DLM meetings
China localization and supplier qualification responsibilities include:
- Interface with Procurement and R&D organizations to develop localization strategy and support China localization and supplier qualification program.
- Coordinate and lead COE engineering resource to implement the localization engineering tasks, including RFQ preparation, technical clarification, design review etc.
Engineering support for Sales& Proposal activities as request include:
- Coordinate COE engineering resource to support Sales&Proposal as required.
- Participate in workshops with design institutes, as required
- Discuss engineering scope split and on-shore scopes for bidding projects
- Review and comment to customer specifications in support of sales and marketing organizations, and also prepare technical documents as needed, and even Participate in customer negotiation meetings if necessary.
Support technical communication with business partners in China.
- Coordinate product safety review with R&D and Quality departments locally and globally.
- Support local service group, as required.
- Work with external contractors, as required.
- Ability to travel in China 20 %.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor or master degree in Electrical and Control engineering with emphasis on power systems is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in gas turbine engineering with focus on electrical and control aspects, and familiar with the industry codes and standards, as well as local certification and China code requirements.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of power plant equipment packaging engineering and applies through successful completion of assignments.
- Self-motivated with strong customer focus
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- strong emphasis on quality of work and Siemens values
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English and in Chinese and to interface with in a wide range of organizations both internally and externally.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. Please find more information at: http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
You may find further information on our company at http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
Requisition ID: 300660
Organization: Power and Gas
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only