Generator Lead Engineer
For the Gas Turbines Packaging Engineering Hub in Shanghai, Siemens is seeking to fill the position of Generator Lead Engineer at the earliest opportunity.
The gas turbine power plants are configured as simple cycle or combined cycle with an output range of 200 MW to 1000 MW or more.
The position is in PG SC CN COE (Power & Gas, Sales and Customer Operations, China Region, Packaging Customer Order Engineering) Shanghai Engineering Hub in the Siemens Ltd. China (SLC)
The generator lead engineer will mainly work with PG PR MGN Network in USA and Germany and partner or supplier in China to lead and coordinate generator activities from SLC side for project execution for SIEMENS CCPP China projects, with cross-functional organizations together.
What are my responsibilities?
As the generator lead engineer, the role will be an integrated role to lead generator activities, including but not limited to:
- Lead generator project execution from China side for China CCPP projects, including to review customer contract, and to support engineering activities between our MGN network and our local partner or supplier for generator and parts manufacturing in China, such as drawing hand-over and clarification and material substitution and any QN disposition in SIEMENS system per the support needs from local partner or supplier for the on-shore scope; technical interfaces with cross-functions in China and the customers;
- Support PM to coordinate the generator scope and schedule;
- Support quality control activity per the project needs, such as manufacturing floor follow-up, and quality check points and witness points as needed;
- Support Generator WS (WorkStream) team on generator localization program with business partner or new supplier development, technical communication, as well as support proposal for generator quotation for new bid based on localization strategy, and so on.
Further description as below
New Apparatus Project Execution responsibilities include:
- Contract technical review and evaluation;
- Coordinate MGN network engineering COE activities;
- Evaluate changes in scope in terms of costs, risks and schedule
- Plan and support PDP reviews as necessary if any design change from on-shore scope
- Coordinate internal asks and communication with PM
- External customer (including Design Institute) technical communication and attend DLM meetings as request
China localization and supplier qualification responsibilities include:
- Support Generator localization WS and Gen. Network to develop localization strategy and support China localization and supplier qualification program.
- Coordinate generator engineering and manufacture resource to implement the localization tasks with local partner or supplier, including drawings hand-over, technical clarification, design review, and manufacturing qualification plan, etc.
Engineering support for Sales& Proposal activities as request include:
- Support Sales&Proposal on generator topics as required.
- Participate in workshops with design institutes, as required
- Discuss on-shore and off-shore scopes for bidding projects with generator proposal
- Review and comment as request to customer specifications in support of sales and proposal organizations, and also prepare technical documents as needed, and even Participate in customer negotiation meetings if necessary.
- Support Quality review with MGN and Quality departments locally and globally.
- Support local service group, as required.
- Work with external contractors, as required.
- Ability to travel in China 10 %.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor or master degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering with emphasis on generator or motor is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in generator engineering or manufacturing technical supervision or generator technical project management with focus on electrical motor or transformer or generator, and familiar with the industry codes and standards.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of power plant equipment and applies through successful completion of assignments.
- Self-motivated with strong customer focus
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- strong emphasis on quality of work and Siemens values
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English and in Chinese and to interface with in a wide range of organizations both internally and externally.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. Please find more information at: http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
You may find further information on our company at http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
Requisition ID: 303719
Organization: Power and Gas
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only