Full stack developer - Backend
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us!
Who are we?
Launched in July 2017 by Prime Minister Lee and Siemens CEO Kaeser, the Singapore Digitalization Hub is the first fully-integrated major Digital Hub for Siemens in the world. Championed by a Mindsphere Application Center for Urban Infrastructure, the Singapore Hub will demonstrate our IoT leadership with digitalization show-cases and bring its expertise and innovations to the markets in the APAC region.
We are forming a passionate group of solution innovators, UX devotees, techies, data scientists/AI experts, software lovers, AR/VR experts, visual artists, and architects, working in a lean startup concept. We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from industry, energy, mobility and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics, artificial intelligence, simulations, and interactive visualization. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding solutions to some non-trivial challenges of the always connected peta-byte world.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop solutions that are highly-performant, fault-tolerant and scalable to millions/billions without impacting the foundation
- Develop scalable data pipelines based on business initiatives on digitalization – from edge to cloud!
- Work closely with data experts, domain specialists, designers and front-end team to develop innovative, practical and robust real-world solutions for smart infrastructure solutions and services in smart mobility, connected logistics & traffic management, smart buildings, smart utilities and smart grids
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping through production, present developed solutions and recommendations to business partners, and influence future product roadmap and strategy based on insights
- Drive nextgen backend architectures to provide interfaces for applications to seamlessly ingest and consume voluminous data
- Solve production issues (both functional and non-functional) with limited availability of logs and diagnostic info
- Represent the organization in reputed events & universities and be a brand ambassador for the Digitalization Hub of Siemens
What does it take me to qualify for this job?
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a reputed institute
- Grass-root experience of at least 4 years in solving complex problems and developing end-end application stack
- Proven deep technical expertise in designing and programming large scale data driven solutions using any of the high level programming languages viz. Java/Python/C++/Scala
- Proven interest of closely following latest developments in web-scale applications and being an early adopter of disruptive trends/technologies
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the
following is a must:
- Define and implement REST/SOAP web services
- Application development using AWS/Azure PaaS technologies and Docker
- Experience with Spring Framework and Node.js
- Choose and apply proven architectural patterns for concurrency and distribution
- Strong debugging skills to fix challenging issues related to performance and scalability
- Ability to challenge status-quo
- Experience in the following will be an added
- Hands-on experience using disruptive technologies like blockchain
- Setup of CD/CI pipeline. Experience with Jenkins, Chef/Puppet/Ansible is highly desirable
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop/Spark
- Exposure to Data Mining and Machine Learning techniques such as Classification, Clustering and Forecasting
- Acceleration techniques for machine learning applications
You would not like to miss a challenging and rewarding career with our team!
If you can spend half a day in our lab and extensive hands-on exercise is an enjoyable task for you, just apply to start an interesting session with us!
Job ID: 59718
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time