If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies. We improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference.
You will be joining a forward thinking, energetic business as HSQE Engineer offering advice, audits and maintaining both internal and external governance in all areas of HSQE.
Being part of the HSQE team supporting the Siemens Mobility, Intelligent Traffic Systems business across its UK operations we strive for excellence in safeguarding the Health, Safety and Quality of our staff and business processes, driving contemporary approaches to engage staff.
Based from our depot in Enfield this is a regional role supporting our business covering the South East region.
What are my responsibilities?
- To work in a dynamic, fast changing and high-risk business, monitoring, promoting & developing good practice within a continuous improvement environment
- Audit HSQE activities across the BU against approved standards & codes of practice. Assist in the management & delivery of the audit schedule
- Assist in HSQE procedure & process reviews relevant to the BU at defined intervals to ensure compliance & /or develop improvement initiatives
- To review & update the HSQE event management tool as directed, to analyse input data, amend as required & provide feedback via reports to management regarding BU / Departmental performance
- Provide support to the Management Team with contemporary Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality practices.
- Designing campaigns and preparing briefing information & data regarding HSQE activities under your direct stewardship to the HSQE Manager as directed
- Supporting tendering & bid activity in regard to HSQE topics & deliverables
- Providing competent accident / incident investigation as directed. Preparing reports & liaising with senior managers regarding outcomes & action
- Evaluation of contractor performance by physical site inspection & evaluation against supplied HSQE documentation. Working in conjunction with our Procurement department to maintain our approved suppliers list
- Assisting with the development & deployment of inspiring and engaging toolbox talks, safety bulletins & other communicated media regarding HSQE activities
- Work on specific HSQE projects & tasks as directed by HSQE management
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Occupational H&S professional qualification (NEBOSH Construction/General) (essential) NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent preferred but not essential)
- Good understanding of ISO18001,14001 and 9001 standards (essential)
- Either hold a certificate or have experience of Environmental Management (IEMA certificate / NVQ etc)
- Either hold a Quality qualification or have experience or professional membership
- Have good interpersonal & people skills especially in influencing people at all levels
- The candidate should also demonstrate an ability to problem solve using data, provide expert advice to resolve issues and have a working knowledge of computer applications such as the Microsoft Office packages
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 60031
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time