Software Test Engineer- Industrial Wireless and Modem
Siemens Corporate Technology (CT) is the central R&D department within the Siemens Group. Siemens CT's main mission is to secure the future technology base for Siemens and to develop breakthrough products of the Siemens Group. Siemens CT in Turkey is mainly focused on software development in the areas of industrial automation and digitalization products and solutions. We are looking for software engineers who are willing to shape the future with us.
What are my responsibilities?
- Software configuration management and testing responsibilities as a part
of network wireless and modem development in a multi-national team
among Germany and Turkey:
- Design, develop and maintain configuration management environment
- Device integration into Siemens TIA Portal and testing integration
- Design, develop and maintain test automation environment
- Develop and execute test scripts using test plans and project specifications
- Perform both new functionality and regression tests; identify, analyze and report issues for follow-up
- Provide a test summary report that reflects the quality attributes of the software under test
- Report defects found in configuration management, TIA portal integration and testing diligently, promptly, and accurately, using standard defect tracking tools
- Communicate with development, project management, and customer stakeholders where necessary
- Conforming to Siemens processes, quality standards, and guidelines
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, electrical and electronics engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven 2-5 years of experience in software development and/or testing
- Good knowledge and expertise in configuration and test management systems
- Knowledge in software life cycle and agile methodologies is a plus
- Knowledge in wireless and modem technologies is a plus
- Knowledge in Siemens TIA Portal is a plus
- Proven skills with C++, Java, TCL, Perl, Python, Cruise Control and Apache Ant is a plus
- Proven skills with scripting languages is a plus
- Excellent command of English
- Passion for developing a simple, clean and attractive code
- Willing and able to take on complex projects independently
- Committed to following development best practices
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
What else do I need to know?
- Military service should be completed or deferred for at least 3 years for male candidates
- No restriction for travelling
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Please find more information at: www.siemens.com.tr
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 60252
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time