Principal Technical Lecturer
Purpose of the role
Training Services have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Technical Lecturer with a passion for developing people. This role, based in Poole, involves conducting individual and group training courses relating to Intelligent Traffic Systems. Training is delivered to internal and external customers at our training headquarters in Poole or at other locations throughout the UK. There is also the opportunity to deliver training abroad on occasion.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
- To identify and respond to customer needs.
- To develop training material suitable for trainer led delivery and e-learning.
- Delivery of defined training courses as agreed with the Training Services Manager.
- To promote Zero Harm as applicable to traffic and electrical systems/equipment.
- To monitor the effectiveness of course material(s), review feedback and modify/revise courses as required.
- To obtain and evaluate training programs and materials from external vendors.
- To maintain personal competence ensuring training delivery is aligned to best practice and current techniques.
- To liaise with other departments, teams and customers to ensure training remains effective.
- To carry out safety critical, technical and operational assessments as defined by the relevant Competency Management System and company policy.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- To be capable of imparting information effectively taking account of different learning styles.
- To have excellent communication skills and demonstrate high levels of professionalism.
- To have an ability to create and review technical material.
- To have a good general knowledge of IT systems/software.
- To be educated to at least level 4 (for example HNC/D).
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- To be familiar with traffic engineering principles having worked in an area such as enforcement, electric vehicle chargers or UTC/SCOOT.
- To hold a level 3 teaching qualification or equivalent
Job ID: 60279
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time