Customer Service Engineer - East London
An opportunity now exists for a home-based Customer Service Engineer to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain Siemens Healthineers Diagnostic equipment installed at our customer sites.
The Customer Service Engineer role requires a substantial amount of contact with our customers to address their equipment issues promptly and in a professional manner.
The successful candidate will therefore not only need to show competency in providing technical assistance, but also have the ability to empathise with our customers and take ownership of their issues.
This role covers the M25 region covering NHS and Private hospital sites in this area, also supporting customers throughout the surrounding regions.
Siemens Healthineers innovations combine state-of-the-art laboratory diagnostics, imaging technologies and IT solutions to pinpoint disease early on, enhance diagnostic precision and optimise patient care.
What are my responsibilities?
· To work in close cooperation with the Customer Care Centre based in Frimley to carry out service, maintenance, updates and installation of Siemens Healthcare products within a designated product range and assist under supervision with other products.
· Attend product training courses (in the UK and abroad) and work towards completion of Siemens Professional Certificate in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to our customers.
· Escalate as appropriate, situations where customer satisfaction is compromised and to ensure contractual obligations are met.
· Maintain good communications and team working with all Stakeholders.
· Understand and comply with Siemens work instructions, quality policy and codes of conduct policies and regulatory requirements at all times.
· Ensure material parts are processed in accordance with Siemens’ policies.
· Complete personal administration in a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintain all test equipment, tools and company property in good and working order
· Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company processes.
· Attend product training courses (in the UK and abroad) and work toward completion of Siemens Professional Certificate in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to our customers.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· HNC/HND in Electronics or an associated discipline is essential.
· This is a field based role offering considerable independence and requiring strong self discipline. A flexible approach to work, travel and unsociable hours is required.
· A strong interest in Siemens Healthineers and its products. Ideally you will have previous field service experience where you have undertaken fault finding on electronic equipment.
· You will also be required to have good Communication, IT, Microsoft Office and Networking Infrastructure skills
· Be prepared to travel extensively if required.
· Your customer facing skills will be invaluable, as you will be required to interface with customers and staff at all levels within Siemens / Third parties, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers and must quickly gain the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels.
· A full driving license valid for driving in the UK
Siemens Healthineers provides services to our customers seven days a week within the core business hours of 8am to 8pm. This is achieved by our Customer Service Engineers working shift patterns, so the successful candidates will need to be flexible in their approach, as they may be required to work on the extended shift pattern.
A flexible approach to travel, working shifts, providing out of hours technical support working planned weekend and evening work is required.
Attendance of training courses and technical seminars in the UK and abroad will also be required.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also deeply invested in our 48,000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry. And as we strive to shape the future of healthcare, our overall success will depend on our ability to continuously reinvent ourselves.
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
Job ID: 60479
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time