Field Service Engineer (Rotating Equipment) - Power Generation Services
Job Title: Field Service Engineers – Power Generations Services
Division: Power Generation Services
Location: Dammam, KSA
What are my responsibilities?
Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Compressors + other rotary equipment
· Performs complex, specialized tasks on turbines and/or generator equipment during new installation and overhauls
· Repair or work on modification projects in accordance with Siemens work procedures
· Completes documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance repair work and failures
· Performs complex service calls and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution
· Capable of developing detailed outage plans
· Capable of executing and supervision of outages at Gas Turbine sites
· Some capability for back office support in a PM role
· Performs assessment of equipment condition and applies repair or improvement measures based on Siemens standards
· Catalogue of corrective measures
· Participates in responding to semi-complex service calls
Required Knowledge for Major Overhauling of Steam/Gas Turbine, Compressor and Pumps
- Rim & Face Alignment.
- Reverse Alignment.
- Lazer Alignment.
- Disassembly and Assembly of Journal bearing of Turbine, Generator, Compressor
- Thrust and Journal bearing clearance check and adjustment.
- Radial and axial clearance check of the blades, vanes, diaphragm and blade carrier.
- Valve assembly and disassembly with adjustments.
- Awareness with bolt tightening method and torque values.
- Capable to read and record readings with the help of measuring equipments with precision.
- Understanding of lifting for the bearing pedestal, casing and rotor.
- Capable to identify parts with respect to drawings.
- Capable to read and understand clearance drawings.
- Removal and reinstallation of Dry Gas seal.
- Commissioning of Steam/Gas Turbine, Industrial Compressors, Pumps
· You should ideally have a Mechanical Engineering degree
· At least 10 years experience in Field Service and 7 to 8 years maintenance on rotating equipment, mainly Gas and Steam Turbines and Compressors.
· Field Service or break down Maintenance experience is an advantage
· Willingness to travel
· Experience in multicultural teams required
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please note: only complete application documents – including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively – can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 60894
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time