Location – Iraq – Baghdad/Basra
Organisation - Energy Management, Transmission Solutions
Mode of employment - Full time
Iraqi National required.
Turnkey Substations projects
- The Senior Planning Engineer supports the project management team and all relevant project disciplines with qualified scheduling and reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring of project schedule, events and influence its milestones and critical path.
- Successfully applies fundamental practices and procedures.
- Drives quality and improvements to minimize non-conformances.
What are my responsibilities?
- You need to have Established programs with PMT (Project Management Team) taking design and engineering, civil and MEP works, subcontractors and other work activities into account.
- Close coordination with these disciplines in order to have feasible project program available
- Track and monitoring all project activities on regular (weekly) basis and support relevant PMT members in setting priorities on critical path activities and steering site/ project activities accordingly
- Support project disciplines as e.g. civil works, site operations, electrical installation etc in establishing "sub-programs" providing more detail in order to manage/ control site activities in an professional manner
- Reviewed and implement suppliers submitted programs together with relevant PMT members in order to identify and eliminate errors which would lead to wrong project (sub-) programs
- Support project disciplines in claim management in both directions upstream towards customer and downstream towards suppliers
- Attend regular meetings with customer, suppliers and internal team meetings to present actual situations, comparisons in between baseline and actual dates, impact at project end, critical path activities etc
- Support the project team in effective co-ordination of all project related activities based on agreed programs
- Abided by and comply with the Siemens Compliance and Business Conduct Guidelines
- Ensured at all times that assigned tasks are operated in line with the QA process and procedures, statutory, regulatory and EHS requirements.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Min 5 years as a project planning engineer participating in civil-/ electrical engineering and/or commissioning activities (substation or industrial projects preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera 6.0
- Experience in project execution and project management
- Experience working in multi-national teams
What do I need to know?
- You will be the true driver of the project and as such must have a proactive attitude
- You will have fluent written and spoken English
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 60898
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time