Signaling Site Engineer
- To perform and execute the installation, trouble shooting and rectification tasks according to the accepted test plan and procedures.
- To perform and carry out quality checks on the received Signaling equipment and record any deviation found.
- To carry out the site related activity according to the test plan and test procedures, record the test results, analyze the test results, summarize this on the test report, descript any test problems, communicate with the Engineer and close the list of outstanding issues.
- To carry out first level fault finding on complex electronic systems and report back results and any systemic issues.
- Interfacing with other parts of the Siemens organization to try to improve the design and tools as much as possible to keep the overall system efficient and economic to deliver.
- Identify and report any defects or variations found on-site.
- Report completion of the installation activities to the Manager.
- Ensure that "Best Practice" is adopted and that quality of workmanship is maintained at all times to the highest possible standards.
- Liaise with the Client and 3rd Party contractors on all site related activities.
- To provide weekly and ad-hoc installation progress reports to the Manager.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate Installation methods.
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Higher NITEC or Diploma in other related disciples will be considered.
- Hand-on experience on tools (general tools, screwdriver, solder, crimping tools, etc.)
- Fast learner and keen to learn
- Good problem solving skill and analytical thinking
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who is analytical, highly motivated and independent with excellent team spirit and interpersonal skills.
- Willingly to work at Night/Engineering (when the railway shut down for maintenance work) Hours.
- Experience in software and electronic tools, with railway experience will be added advantage.
- Min 3 years working experience, with railway experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the construction of MRT projects will be an added advantage.
Job ID: 60904
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time