Operational Accountant UK
Siemens Mobility are recruiting an Operational Accountant to support the Mobility business. This role includes the management of accurate and timely month end closing of the SAP system and providing accounting support to the business. This role requires fostering relationships with key business contacts to effectively communicate and collaborate. Locations for this position are flexible between Poole and Frimley but travel to other sites may also be required.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for the accuracy of the financial data, including disclosure notes related to the IFRS financial statement of Siemens Mobility
- Responsible for the reporting system close on a monthly basis in line with internal timeframes.
- Support the Mobility business by providing best practice guidance on accounting topics and their practical implementation, for example revenue recognition and project accounting, FX hedge accounting and embedded derivatives
- To optimize the month and year-end closing procedures by systematically implementing data mining / data analytic tools and further digitalisation
- Delivering accurate business information for the annual report of Mobility in the UK
- Take ownership of the risk assessment of the Mobility commercial community and support the teams in identifying and evaluating the potential impact on the financials.
- Involvement in the timely and accurate delivery of the annual statutory reporting requirements for MO
- Responsible for ICFR controls in the area of accounting
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Used to work in a continuous changing environment, intercultural sensitivity, strong ownership approach, excellent communication skills
- Passion and desire to support the finance and accounting staff within the Mobility Business
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and ICFR requirements
- Accounting qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA); or equivalent Siemens accounting experience
- An element of travel is required for this role
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Please note the closing date for all applications is 16th November.
Job ID: 60924
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time