Site Manager - Siemens Mobility Egypt
Siemens Mobility Division is one of the global players within the Transportation Sector. Mobility offers products, systems, solutions and services for an economical, reliable and intelligent transportation sector. This includes Metro and Mainline Signaling Systems, Trackside equipment; Rail Electrification and Operational Control Centers. For our setup in Egypt we are looking for a Site Manager to support our growing business:
The Site Manager is responsible for ensuring that a project site work is completed on time and within budget. Site Manager reports directly to the Systems Construction Manager and is functionally in charge of the Site Installation Supervisors. While the work is taking place, the Site Manager will monitor all system components and equipment erection progress, oversee material delivery, carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise. Site Manager will also keep in close contact with members of their site team at all times, especially the supervisors, and liaise with the Project team, commissioning engineers, commissioning manager, customer, partners, suppliers, EHS site officer, QMIP, site engineers, surveyors, technicians, planners and subcontractors. He will also ensure that work complies with building regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements. Finally, a site manager also acts as the first point of contact for members of the public and sub-contractors.
What are my responsibilities?
- Within a Signalling Project, you are responsible for the installation of our railway Signalling (+Telecomms and Power Supply) technology as part of a comprehensive modernization Project Time Schedule
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project scope (Signalling, Telecommunications and Power Supply Systems), ensuring that the customer’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs.
- Coordinating and supervising site engineers and technicians.
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety.
- Finding ways to prevent problems.
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
- Assessing and minimizing risk.
- Ensure the implementation of safety and quality standards by all SCADA installation, Adaptation, commissioning teams.
- Prepare all method statements, safety procedures, test and quality procedures relating to site indoor and outdoor activities.
- Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates for Signalling trackside equipment, indoor and outdoor equipment, Telecommunications and Power Supply installation material
- You analyze and evaluate the need for know-how, material and personnel according to actual situation (project schedule, site surveys) and create the corresponding installation sequence plans, including resource planning (personnel and material), for an existing railway Signalling refurbishment.
- You control, maintain and report the above during the entire project runtime and initiate and adapt appropriate adjustments.
- You control the flow of material on site, including the acceptance of goods and damage control, as well as transport of the material from the warehouse to the installation location.
- You are the functional responsible for assigned installation leaders and represent and report on internal / external project meetings and you are responsible for technical clarifications with subcontractors as well as other stakeholders.
- You support the test and commissioning manager during Systems Testing &Commissioning phase
do I need to qualify for this job?
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Highly experienced site manager with 10 years practical experience in international Business, Railways and/or Electrical sector or compatible.
- Proven “get-things-done” track record reliably, efficiently, under time pressure in a hostile environment.
- Proven leadership skills within line organizations, collaboration with international teams
- Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Financial basic knowledge.
- Decision-making ability.
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of subordinates themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
Ensure compliance with the EHS procedures relative to the position
Follow emergency procedures
Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
Inform management or instruct/advise of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new material or process which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
Immediately inform, instruct and/or advise of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so.
Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 61060
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time