Software Development Engineer (Java)
Siemens Digital Grid Services & Solutions is researching and developing the future technologies and products of Siemens Group. As being the integral part of this great R&D group, Siemens Digital Grid Turkey is mainly focused on Software Development on Grid Automation & Control, Power System Engineering products and solutions. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a SW Development Engineer.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within the R&D software development team to develop and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Developing and maintaining Web-based and/or Desktop applications and components under the guidance of the development manager(s),
- Creating robust tests for the QA team to assess performance, correctness and usability of the software,
- Providing accurate effort estimation and analysis of tasks required for development, and actively participating in project status reviews.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 2 years experience for Junior Engineers, 5 years experience for Senior Engineers,
- Proven software development experience in Java SE/EE,
- Development experience with IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, etc.
- Experience with relational DBMS (ORACLE, MySQL, Postgresql etc.),
- Experience with Web Application development (Angular2, Bootstrap, Primefaces etc.),
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP, REST, SOAPUI etc.)
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems (GIT, ClearCase, etc.),
- Strong Knowledge of Object Oriented Design/Programming & Design Patterns,
- Knowledge in technologies such as JPA/Hibernate, EJB, JMS, JBoss, Tomcat, JasperReports,
- Knowledge in software life cycle and agile methodologies,
- Knowledge in continous integration concepts (Jenkins, Maven, yaml, yarn, etc. )
- Scripting language experience such as Python,
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Team player with highly collaborative, positive and energetic attitude,
- Eager to learn new technologies and Energy domain know-how,
- Know-how on Energy Distribution and Transmission networks is a plus,
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
What else do I need to know?
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
- Military service should be completed for male candidates or postponed more than 2 years.
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Job ID: 62209
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time