Software Engineering Lead / (Digitalisation Lead)
Software Engineering Lead (Digitalization Lead)
We ca currently looking for an enthusiastic multi-skilled electrical/electronics/controls engineer with an interest in coding and databases is required to join our growing materials technology business, which is an acknowledged world leader in the industrial application of laser additive layer manufacturing of metals.
This is a unique opportunity to work with blue-chip international clients from the power generation, aerospace and motor sport sectors, who wish to utilise this cutting-edge manufacturing technology.
Operationally, the Digitalisation Lead will work closely with Manufacturing, Engineering and Quality team members, as well as relevant suppliers. They will report to the Head of Business Processes.
What are my responsibilities?
- Factory data acquisition including hardware specification, design and build/procurement
- Edge processing including plc programming
- Network design and implementation
- Sensor selection and installation
- Hardware and software integration for ERP/MES/AGVs/RFID
- Factory floor IT systems selection, deployment and management.
- Database design and T-SQL coding
- Dashboard development including html/Java
- Integration of SharePoint and other systems with ERP/MRP/MES
- Basic SharePoint admin and development
- Custom views in SQL server
- Tableau and other related tools
- MindSphere apps
What do I need to Qualify?
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Self-motivated and showing initiative
- Methodical with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with all functions, internal and external
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Deadline focussed
- Adaptable & flexible
- Interest in coding and databases with willingness to learn new areas as required
- Bachelor’s degree required in electronics/electrical engineering or similar.
- At least 1-2 years working in a Manufacturing environment in a relevant context
- PLC applications and programming
- Coding, T-SQL, Java script, HTML
Job ID: 63010
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time