Technical Support Engineer - 12 Month FTC
An established world leader in this highly innovative field, AGT has been providing solutions for global power generation and oil and gas projects for over 50 years and has successfully grown to a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. Onshore and offshore, our expertise and equipment provide an essential contribution to the world of energy, whether this be processing and transporting oil and gas through major pipeline networks or generating electricity with unsurpassed levels of efficiency and environmental cleanliness.
The deployment, operation and continued improvement of the Technical Support team forms an important part of AGT’s Business Plan. The team is responsible for maintaining a customer's operational availability through prompt restoration of operational service, or restoration of repair/installation commissioning activity where delay in such an activity would have an imminent impact on a customer's availability. This is achieved as part of our Customer Issues Resolution process.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want the opportunity to be involved in the continued development of our Technical Support team that will be integral to supporting our growth strategy.
What are my responsibilities?
• Act as technical consultant to Customers and Field Service Representatives.
• Undertake Customer visits to discuss and review issues as and when required.
• Assist Project Management team during planning and execution of package work plans.
• Take ownership and delivery of technical solutions for all operational issues, along with integration, tasking, enactment (as appropriate) and delivery of technical solutions to meet operational needs and contractual obligations.
• Monitor, measure, report and communicate on performance to restore service, along with supporting the identification of new problems which may impact our AGT fleet.
• Support the development of processes tools and data within the Technical Support team, to ensure efficient and effective resolution of Reactive Operational Issues. Drive Continuous Improvement (CI) to include the creation and update of Technical Documentation such as Engineering Troubleshooting Guides, Service Bulletins, Service Technical Instructions and internal and external technical reports
• Provide hands-on service and troubleshooting as required. This may include limited travel overseas, onshore or offshore at short notice.
• Work closely with the 24/7 Operational Service Desk, Service Engineering and Core Engineering teams in supporting customers with urgent operational issues which require specialist system or product knowledge.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential demonstrating the ability to
communicate at all levels of the organisation, along with commercial appreciation.
• You will demonstrate initiative and be a flexible self-starter, working with minimal direction. You must be customer focused and have proven Customer Services / Operational experience and be able to
demonstrate leadership, problem solving / decision making and technical issue management in a high pressure environment.
• You will be qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline and ideally will have worked in a mechanical or electrical (instrumentation and controls) discipline and preferably with professional accreditation or recognition.
• You will be able to interpret engineering drawings and controls schematics, and have the ability to produce technical reports.
• Experience of working with industrial aero-derivative gas turbine technology. You will have good overall product and service knowledge with the ability to manage across diverse teams / solutions.
• Proven troubleshooting skills and experience in the application of Root Cause Analysis techniques for issue resolution. Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. Its Gas Turbine businesses are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
This role forms part of the Power Services division and is the world’s leading supplier of products, services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises of highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables, power transmission and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
Please note that the application deadline is Monday 30th July 2018
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year’s revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus
scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.
Job ID: 63268
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time