Reporting to the Chief of Performance Engineering & Analytics, the Systems Engineer will develop the capability to acquire, capture, transmit & analyse the data and information from the control systems of turbo machinery equipment and industrial plant operating at Customer facilities.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to show creativity and help solve customer operational issues. The individual will be interfacing with the various Engineering Functional teams, Customer Service Technical Support, Operations Support and Remote Diagnostic teams within Siemens.
What are the responsibilities?
- · Develop surveillance and monitoring solutions, including updates and retrofit existing projects, for the capture of operational data from the respective plant control systems.
- · Develop and improve the capability to perform the remote surveillance of operational equipment installed at customer sites through acquiring operational data, performing analysis and transmission of information to Project Managers, Product Managers, Operational Support, Technical Support and Remote Diagnostic teams.
- · Define the scope of work in the supply of surveillance and monitoring solutions, managing external resources to time and budget, developing and executing solution. Document site installation, additional modifications and testing procedures in order to efficiently communicate with field service and customer representatives during the software commissioning phase
- · Own and run problem investigations to identify common or reoccurring issues with the surveillance and monitoring equipment, make use of recognised and appropriate Root Cause Analysis techniques, documenting and report findings appropriately, prepare and present potential solutions and improvement opportunities to the business, working to challenging time scales
- · Support Modification & Upgrade projects with regards to requirements capture, solution development and project execution, and this may involve occasional travel to customer project sites.
- · Provide input into the creation and update of Technical Documentation such as Troubleshooting Guides or Service Bulletins
- · Represent the company and actively participate in a team on or off site to achieve deliverables.
- · Travel overseas and offshore may be required on occasion in support of main responsibilities
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- · A degree or equivalent professionally accredited or recognised in an engineering discipline preferably relating to the fields of Control systems and Software and Computer science.
- · Working experience with industrial plant controls systems applications and industrial IT networks, and data historians.
- · Specific experience of developing applications for Intouch Wonderware, and Microsoft SQL is essential along with familiarity of Allen Bradley RS Logix5000 products used for the control and surveillance of industrial process plant operations.
- · Ability to troubleshoot and effectively communicate findings, with an appreciation of cultural differences that comes with a global customer base.
- · Working knowledge of change/configuration management tools and processes, as well as experience with other IT related tools and software for business analytics and project management.
- · Practitioner of a Systems Engineering approach to product improvement is highly desirable.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, and you will be able to interact at all levels, demonstrate initiative and be a flexible self-starter. You will be able to work with the minimum direction and have the ability to work with a wide range of people (both internal and external to Siemens) and be a team player.
- · Have customer focus and experience in a customer facing environment with a proven record of delivering technical solutions and improvements working to processes and procedure.
Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. Its businesses in Aberdeen, Lincoln and Warwick (SITL & ICTL) are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
Job ID: 63297
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time