Consulting Services Engagement Manager
We are recruiting for the role of Consulting Services Engagement Manager representing Siemens Industry Software in the UK Services Team, focused across the PLM suite including Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM).
The role has responsibility for steering and facilitating the effective and efficient collaborative pursuit of small to medium sized services business opportunities. Working with Sales and Pre-sales teams to ensure a consistent and commercially robust approach is adopted and providing ongoing commercial support and consultancy to the services team throughout the full project delivery, proactively working with the account managers to identify, qualify and pursue business in a manner that is consistent with the relationship strategy with the customer. This engagement model ensures delivery of an excellent customer experience from the early services engagement phases and throughout the project delivery phases, with the aim of building strong ongoing relationships with our customers, resulting in ongoing business opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be working on projects on the leading edge of innovation from F1 to Submarines to domestic appliances, heavy industry or anything in between.
The Engagement Manager is the customer’s first engagement point within the SISW UK services team. The role provides direction for leadership of PLM engagements from opportunity through to delivery and program governance.
- Proactively maintain and develop productive relationships within nominated customer accounts, and drive the positioning and messaging of the customer engagement across sales, presales and services in order to ensure a consistent and professional experience for the customer throughout the Siemens engagement
- In conjunction with the sales and presales team, identify and manage the engagement with all relevant external and internal Stakeholders, advocating SISW and the value that PLM can deliver.
- Engage with the customer stakeholders to provide support on organization change management with relation to implementing successful SISW solutions
- As an integral part of the SISW bid proposal team, work with the sales, presales and services functions to provide consultancy for, and communicate a clear vision of, the planned project objectives.
- Be fully versed in the country Software forecast and pipeline and actively encourage Services team, where possible, to support the close of software business
- Participate as part of the Proposal team, in delivering customer presentations in order to win new Software and Services opportunities
- Where required, work with Sales, Presales, Siemens Project Management and the customer to establish a high level project scope, determine a preliminary project schedule, define the proposed services strategy, conduct an infrastructure assessment, and develop the initial project budget to ensure pursuit discussions are realistic and reasonable expectations are set.
- With the support of relevant subject matter experts and Project Management, create the brief Solution Outline, Rough order of magnitude, SoW, margin calculation and risk assessment for use in commercial negotiations and project initiation.
- Manage and undertake proactive administration of an assigned services opportunity pipeline
- Validate identified services opportunities in order to reach a considered opinion as to the value, likely effort and potential of each opportunity, and undertake appropriate development activities in order to progress assigned services opportunities in conjunction with the Sales and Presales team
- Support and advocate to customers the application of SISW delivery methodology and encourage project management best practice adoption within the Siemens delivery team.
- In conjunction with the Project or Program Manager, compile a complete and accurate estimate of a project; with appropriate reserves, using appropriate methods
- Capture and determine business objectives with the customer and facilitate the transfer of knowledge from Presales to Professional Services
- scope creep and commercial boundaries, negotiating with key customer stakeholders as and when required.
- Provide input and guidance to the Strategic/Long Term key customer account planning activities in conjunction with the Project Management team and the Customer Account Manager.
- Create, maintain and communicate the business pipeline forecast to enable educated future business planning, and activity planning around opportunity pursuit.
- Work with Services and Resource Managers to produce medium to long term resource forecasts for Services opportunities including backlog and future potential opportunities
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Familiarity of Siemens PLM product marketplace
· Experience of MOM Software usage in Customer environments; e.g. ERP, MES, Scheduling, Line Balancing.
· Familiarity of Siemens PLM & MOM product marketplace
· Working Knowledge knowledge of MOM tools and processes, preferably Simatic, would be advantageous.
- Strong ability to build and maintain client relationships and expectations.
- Knowledge of PLM tools and processes, preferably Teamcenter.
- Excellent communications skills, both spoken and written, with good presentation skills.
- Team player who is able to work well with all people; including engineers and senior managers.
- Self-starter who can show Initiative and work autonomously when required.
- Willingness and drive to learn and develop.
What else do I need to know?
Travel Requirements: Occasional international travel, mostly Europe.
Siemens local office/Home 30% to 40%
Customer site(s) 70% to 60%
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 63713
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time