From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a junior engineer to join our Mobility business, based in Belmont (WA), as a Solution Engineer – Operation Control Systems (OCS).
Key responsibilities of this role will be to assist the Senior Engineer in:
• Creation of “Statement of Work”
• Customer Inputs and Requirements
• Product Characteristics
• Design and implement application data while adhering to quality criteria prior to handing over to formal testing lifecycle.
• Support of interstate projects as required with an expected exposure and specialisation in multiple Siemens OCS Products.
• Post commissioning support, analysis and response to customer issues reported from site.
In order to be considered for this role you will have the following:
• A relevant degree in Computer Science or Engineering,
• Exposure to the Engineering function of Operation Control Systems with technical knowledge of system design and development lifecycle,
• Proficiency in Requirements and Change Management, Technical Documentation and Communication, preferably in a project delivery environment,
• Project experience in a client facing role in the delivery of Operation Control / Traffic Management Systems,
• Specialisation in Train Scheduling and Optimisation products and solutions for Mainline and Mass Transit operations.
• Excellent communication and your ‘can do’ attitude
If you are a dynamic Engineer looking for a new challenge with a global technology leader, then this role is a great career opportunity.
In return for your commitment to Siemens Mobility, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as a very attractive remuneration package including performance based incentive payments.
For further details on this exciting opportunity please contact Austen Williams on 03 9721 2351 for a confidential discussion.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 63767
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time