Civil Site Manager - Transmission Solutions
Location: Iraq - Basra or Babil
Organisation: Energy Management – Transmission Solutions (EPC Substation Construction)
Mode of employment: Full time only
The Civil Site Manager is responsible for overall civil construction and building services installation on site against agreed programs and quality assurance documents
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for overall civil construction. Managing Civil Contractor to perform the scope of work in line with design, customers procedures/ requirements under contract and applicable specifications to the best interest of Siemens
- Coordination of building services (technical support from MEP Engineer, if required) including LSP, HVAC, Fire-fighting, Cranes. Prepare daily, weekly and monthly site progress reports. Arrange monthly payment certificates from client for Civil and building services
- Drive the progress based on agreed construction programs, focusing on committed deadlines. Cooperate with Project Planner on regular basis in order to manage/ track and monitor progress, mitigate delays based on agreed construction program
- Organize and lead regular site meetings with subcontractor(s) for availability of required material and resources. Conducting regular site meeting with O/E
- Be the leader of communication in between Quantity Surveyor (QS), Civil Design Coordinator especially on re-measured contracts. Certify progress on site and forward the same to QS for quantity verification. Make sure that FCR or any other changes are communicated to QS
- Responsible for implementing QA System.
- Maintain the Construction drawing register and ensure use of current drawings only
- Arrange Red-Marked drawings signed by customer’s consultant and issue to Civil Design Coordinator
- Prepare together with Subcontractor required method statements and obtain approvals from customer’s consultant. Responding to all customer’s consultant site notes and instruction unless they are related to commercial issues, for which advice to be taken from the Civil Manager
- Notifying the Project Manager, Civil Construction Manager and QS of potential deviations from the specifications / contract. (Support in Claim Management). Identify potential variations and claims under the Main Contract and Subcontracts
- Record, register and maintain all field changes for easy reference. Maintain records and reasons for delays during construction stage (Support in Claim Management)
- Ensure full compliance with EHS requirements
- Abide by and comply with Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Minimum 10 years experience managing construction sites
- Deep experience in:
- Civil Project Management
- Subcontractor Management
- Project Planning
- Managing site P&L
- Minimum 5 years experience leading construction crews and managing subcontractors
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
What do I need to know?
- You will be expected to be the authority figure on site. As such a strong personality and experience managing difficult situations on site is essential
- You must have experience managing teams in a multi-cultural environment
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents – including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively – can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 63811
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time