Substation Projects - Basra and Babil, Iraq
The EHS Officer at site supports the PM to
assure compliance with applicable internal and external EHS-related rules
& regulations to prevent EHS-related hazards and risks. This includes
supporting the PM or Site Manager in implementing, monitoring and reporting
and continuous improvement. He manages the implementation of EHS Plan and has
the authority and responsibility to intervene/ escalate in case of
- Supports PM to ensure that required EHS-related
permits, authorizations, certificates are available and authorities have
been notified as necessary.
- Implements a training concept that fulfills all EHS-related
training requirements including safety inductions and T BTs - Ensures
that requirements of the EHS plan are known by all relevant
- Reviews safe work method statements/risk assessments
of contractors and conduct risk analysis.
- Liaises in alignment with PM with customer/contractor
EHS representatives in regard to project execution and onsite EHS
Monitoring and Reporting.
regular site inspections to identify risks and defines corrective
compliance with inspection intervals for tools, lifting gear, load
attachment rigging and other technical equipment (both in the case of
Siemens and external firms)
and assess performance of subcontractors on site.
emergency preparedness and escalate to PM in case of inadequacy or
regular EHS reports to the project and/or site manager and BU EHS
officer to ensure full operational transparency.
all incidents are investigated and recorded and appropriate measures are
defined, implemented and monitored.
in case of non-compliance with legal, business or customer's EHS
statistics including near misses to identify trends and implements
- Must have promoted the sharing of best practices and
documents lessons learned.
- NEBOSH certification is a requirement.
- Experience work on site with power plants,
O&G or substation projects is preferred.
- 5 Years experience is required to be
- Experience in evaluation incidents and
Job ID: 63812
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: SAG PE Iraq Baghdad Branch
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time