Power System Engineer ( Protection Engineer)
Who are we?
Siemens’ technology brings power and water to the KSA cities, pioneers digital infrastructure and industry and develops local talent through education and knowledge transfer. With a leading role in electrification, automation and digitalization, Siemens is building with innovative technology that supports sustainable economic growth and enhances the lives of citizens.
Where will you be working?
Siemens Power Generation Services is delivering the right service solutions for your gas turbine, steam turbine, generator or wind turbine to increase efficiency, reliability and availability throughout the entire lifecycle of your assets. From modernizations and upgrades, remote monitoring, lifetime extensions, and condition monitoring to logistical and turnkey service for onshore and offshore wind turbines, we partner with you to achieve optimal performance and maximize success.
- Shall deliver a high level of technical expertise to the utility specializing in power system protection up to 380kV and provide guidance to the Protection team in handling of protection related matters such as advanced system analysis, short circuit studies, protection design, system development, improvement of protection principles and practices within the organization.
- Introduce and standardize protection designs, technical specifications and scope of work for all types of protection systems.
- Prepare and manage all documentation associated with specifications, standards, network code, protection philosophy and related equipment for the system.
- Review existing protection design & logic and deliver improvements in line with best industry protection practices.
- Provide high level expertise for Sub-transmission/Distribution protection including feeder, busbar, transformer, reactor, shunt capacitor and generator protection including distance and differential protection& fault recorder equipment.
- Should have sound knowledge of power system theory including generation and EHV Protection applications.
- Familiar with protection schemes and their coordination and relay setting calculation for electrical utility system.
- Good knowledge of protection relaying schemes of HV and MV power lines, MV feeders, power transformers, capacitor banks and bus bars
- Perform maintenance of protective relays
- Experience in control and protection schemes of electrical substation
- At least five years of experience in the protection systems& power system study.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering required.
- Power systems emphasis or utility experience preferred.
Job ID: 64515
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time