From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Signalling Principles Tester to join our team based in any of our offices based on the East Coast of Australia.
Reporting to the Head of Testing, the Principles Tester will be required to interpret signaling design, and be fully conversant with test and commissioning process’ and procedures.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following:
• At least ten years experience in a related signalling discipline (Test, Design, Project Engineering)
• Experience of working with Train Control & Indication Systems
• Experience of working with Comms Systems
• Experienced in a range of Mechanical, Electrical (RRI), Electronic and Computer based Interlockings
• Awareness of application of Advanced Train Control Systems (ETCS/ATP/CBTC)
• Fault Finding Skills essential
• Electrical Degree not mandatory but preferred
• IRSE License preferred
• Must be able to achieve competence approval from Railway Operators
• Must hold a Rail Safety Worker Card (although may be limited in terms of site/track access)
• Must have in depth knowledge of Rail Operator Principles and Standards
If you are a dynamic Signalling Principles Test Engineer looking for a new challenge with a global technology leader, then this role is a great career opportunity.
In return for your commitment to Siemens, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as a very attractive remuneration package including performance based incentive payments.
For further details on this exciting opportunity please contact Austen Williams on 03 9721 2351 for a confidential discussion.