From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Signalling Principles Tester to join our team based in any of our offices based in Adelaide/Melbourne or Sydney.
Reporting to the Head of Test & Commissioning, the Principles Tester will be required to interpret signalling design, and be fully conversant with test and commissioning process’ and procedures.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following:
• At least 7 years’ experience in a related signalling discipline (Test, Design, Project Engineering)
- Experience of working with Train Control & Indication Systems
- CBI data and design production appreciation
- Interlocking Circuitry and Control Tables
- Use of Simulator Systems
- Signalling Standards and Interlocking Principles
- Aspect Correspondence and Sequence Testing
- Principles Testing of Fringes and Interfaces to alternative technologies
- Production Of Principles Test Plans and Testing Documentation
- Panel Correspondence Testing
- Experience of working with Comms Systems
- Experienced in a range of Mechanical, Electrical (RRI), Electronic and Computer based Interlocking’s
- Awareness of application of Advanced Train Control Systems (ETCS/ATP/CBTC)
- Fault Finding Skills essential
- Degree in an Engineering field not mandatory but preferred
- IRSE License preferred
- Must be able to achieve competence approval from Railway Operators
- Must hold a Rail Safety Worker Card (although may be limited in terms of site/track access)
- Must have in depth knowledge of Rail Operator Principles and Standards
If you are a dynamic Signalling Principles Test Engineer looking for a new challenge with a global technology leader, then this role is a great career opportunity.
In return for your commitment to Siemens, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as a very attractive remuneration package including performance based incentive payments.
Job ID: 64610
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time