From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
Opportunity has arisen for 3 experienced Principal Signalling Engineers to join the Siemens Mobility Signalling Design Team in Melbourne. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work within the one of the core engineering areas of the Siemens Mobility business and provide Signalling Design solutions to our Railway customers in Victoria and around Australia.
The scope of supported activities includes technical solution analysis, design checking, team leadership, tendering and independent review. This position will be allocated to the Advanced Solutions team.
To be considered for this role you will have:
• A strong technical knowledge of railway systems and equipment
• At least 10 years’ experience in Signalling Design activities on Customer Projects (preferably with SoC working within the Victorian Railway).
• Formal technical qualification to degree standard in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is preferred though not essential.
• Existing formal rail design competency approvals, or ability to attain formal approvals under Australian/New Zealand operator regulatory competency frameworks (e.g. ARA, IRSE, Queensland Rail, MTM, Rail Safety Worker Card etc.) Current MTM competencies are highly desirable.
• Awareness and experience in other railway system domains is an advantage (e.g. Train Control, Comms, ATP, ETCS, CBTC etc)
• Good communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
In return for your commitment to Siemens, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as a very attractive remuneration package including performance based incentive payments.
If you would like further information about this opportunity, please contact Austen Williams on 03 9721 2351 for a confidential discussion.