From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
Opportunity has arisen for 3 experienced Signalling Engineers to join the Siemens Mobility Signalling Design Team in Melbourne/Brisbane and Sydney. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the one of the core engineering areas of the Siemens Mobility business and provide Signalling Design solutions to our Railway customers in the specific location they will be based and around Australia.
The scope of supported activities includes technical solution analysis, design checking, team leadership, tendering and independent review.
- Fully competent in the Design Engineer II level and perform those tasks if required
- Ensure compliance of company's processes and procedures
- Analysis and evaluation of all signalling related customer requirements based on the project requirement configuration management system
- Prepare signalling system related documentations (Signalling integration plan, Functional Specification, Design Management plan etc....)
- Project execution of the relevant work packages based on detailed cost, planning and control
- Overall technical coordination of the complete signalling system and all signalling system interfaces
- Supports engineering teams as well as integration, test, validation and approval work.
- Organises and manages resources used in the supply of electrical components, machines, appliances and equipment
- Ensure successful delivery of the Signalling Design including its interfaces and integration with other subsystems, testing and commissioning, and other related activities as necessary to deliver dependent projects and meet their goals with high standards
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A strong technical knowledge of railway systems and equipment
- At least 5 years’ experience in Signalling Design activities on Customer Projects (preferably with SoC working within the NSW Railway).
- Formal technical qualification to degree standard in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related discipline is preferred though not essential.
- Existing formal rail design competency approvals, or ability to attain formal approvals under Australian/New Zealand operator regulatory competency frameworks (e.g. ARA, IRSE, NSW Rail, MTM, Rail Safety Worker Card etc.) Current MTM competencies are highly desirable.
- Awareness and experience in other railway system domains is an advantage (e.g. Train Control, Comms, ATP, ETCS, CBTC etc)
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
In return for your commitment to Siemens, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as a very attractive remuneration package including performance based incentive payments.
Job ID: 64642
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time