Siemens Cranes is one of the global key players in the crane electrification and automation business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology. One of our latest developments is fully automated harbor cranes. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint will be transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Therefore we are looking for a Commissioning Engineer in The Hague who will do the commissioning of the hard and software from the automation solutions for harbor cranes. You will be working in complex projects dealing with the integration of a diversity of systems like: Automation and subsystem software, S7 PLC’s, HMI systems, interfaces, drive systems and sensor systems. A typical projects last for 1 to 2 years and is realized with development / design in Holland & Germany followed by pre-commissioning in China and is finalized at the end customer location worldwide.
What are my responsibilities?
- Execution of testing and commissioning activities in the field of automation and control, motors and drives;
- Planning and execution of works in consideration of deadlines, budget, required (test)equipment and resources;
- Giving experience feedback for follow-up projects and lessons-learned proposals to reduce costs, to shorten time of commissioning and to optimize engineering and products;
- Prepares reports and documentation of the testing results;
- Close cooperation with related project, product and sales departments, the regional units and the offices in the Netherlands and Germany;
- May lead the commissioning staff functionally;
- May control the mentioned tasks and or provide supervisory guidance at site;
- Planning, coordination and execution of customer and operator trainings;
- Ensuring compliance with regulations pertaining to Safety, Environmental and Health regulations;
- Individual contribution to reach the team goals.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Completed MBO/HBO degree in Electrical Engineering / Industrial Automation / Mechatronics or similar;
- Possess knowledge of Automation, Visualization and Protection systems (such as Simatic S7, TIA Portal, WinCC);
- At least five years’ experience in commissioning of complex cranes or machinery;
- Experience in the field of electrical power supply (Medium and High Voltage) and its related secondary technology is advantageous;
- Have good knowledge of communication, network and transmission technology;
- Good knowledge of oral and written in English language;
- Able to travel frequently in the region and worldwide;
- Able to work independently and in multi-cultural environment;
- Practical problem solving capability;
- Good communication skills;
- Not afraid of heights / acrophobia;
- Flexible, stress resistance;
- Driver’s license.
- A good salary.
- 40 days' holiday days per year.
- Enthusiastic and fun colleagues.
- A very divers team with people from different countries and backgrounds.
- You will be part of an international brand and network.
- Continuous development opportunities.
- Fitness and seated massage opportunities during or after work.
If you're interested, don't waste time - apply now. Please submit your application by clicking on the button below. Should you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Pieter van der Plas, Head of Engineering & Commissioning Cranes via firstname.lastname@example.org.
An occupational health check and/or assessment may form part of the application procedure;
Employment agencies are asked not to respond to this vacancy. #LI-P
Job ID: 64812
Sector: Process Industries and Drives
Ervaringsniveau: Experienced Professional
Soort baan: Fulltime