As part of our forward thinking engineering team, our Manufacturing Engineers help drive continuous improvement activities, and deliver projects to enhance our processes. If you have excellent communication skills, have an eye for detail and are a good problem solver, we would like to hear from you.
What are my responsibilities?
- Support the manufacturing processes within one of our three manufacturing cost centres
- Working with the engineering team and the operations team to jointly deliver quality, productivity and output.
- Resolving internal and external process issues and maintaining our zero harm culture.
- Developing and implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment, to enable our new product and continuous improvement agendas.
- Developing new product processes from conception stage, through prototyping and into product launch and volume manufacture.
- Management of Capital investment and infrastructure projects from functional specification creation through vendor selection to commissioning and manufacturing release.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering/ Material or Physics (or related subject) or equivalent experience.
- Significant technical experience in manufacturing engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of personally implementing improvement activities within budget and timescales.
- Demonstrable problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to solve a range of technical issues and develop cross functional relationships.
- Excellent communication skills
What are the benefits in this role?
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and have your own space to innovate and be creative with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout, you’ll have every chance to develop personally, professionally and as a leader.
We offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
What else do I need to know?
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Job ID: 65107
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time