Senior Manufacturing Engineer
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is be part of our innovative engineering team, driving continuous improvement activities, as well as leading your own projects to further enhance our processes. If you have excellent communication skills, can effectively manage and solve a wide range of complex technical issues, we would love to hear from you.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ownership of the manufacturing processes within one of our three manufacturing cost centres
- Working with the engineers and the operations team to jointly manage quality, productivity and output.
- Solving manufacturing problems to resolve internal and external process issues, and maintain our zero harm culture in the process
- Developing and implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment to enable our new product and continuous improvement agendas.
- Developing new product processes from the conception stage, through prototyping and into product launch and volume manufacture.
- Managing Capital investment and infrastructure projects, from functional specification, creation through vendor selection to commissioning and manufacturing release.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to assist in the development of graduate engineers.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A Degree in Engineering, Science, manufacturing (or related subject) or an extensive equivalent experience.
- Substantial and varied technical experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Good track record of personally implementing substantial improvement activities within budget constraints and challenging timescales.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of managing project teams.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex technical issues, and develop cross functional relationships.
What are the benefits in this role?
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and have your own space to innovate and be creative with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout, you’ll have every chance to develop personally, professionally and as a leader.
We offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
What else do I need to know?
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Job ID: 65108
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time