Digitalisation Business Development Manager
As more Manufacturing companies look to Automation & Digitalisation to deliver the next steps in productivity improvements and transparency of their business, Siemens is looking to expand our successful Digital Factory team.
We are recruiting for a Digitalisation Business Development Manager (BDM) which will focus on developing our Factory Automation business through the implementation of our Digital Enterprise Software Solutions. The role will be responsible for creating customer value through integrated engineering, digital workflow and transparent operation. The Digitalisation BDM is responsible for operating across both Regional and Vertical Sales teams in targeting specific accounts and developing and implementing strategic growth plans.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong and innovative team to build on the success of the Factory Automation business and help it to grow into the future. Siemens is market leader in Factory Automation in the UK&I and we have the opportunity to enhance our value proposition to both existing and new customers. The role will focus on the promotion of the Factory Automation Digitalisation Software portfolio and wider PLM and Mindsphere IoT offerings.
This role is field based and therefore you will be travelling to customer sites and/or Siemens sites across the UK, 3/4 times per week.
What are my responsibilities?
- Business Development for Digitalisation Software in the Factory Automation business.
- Define the “go to market” approach for Digitalisation Software within the Factory Automation business
- Promotion of the digitalisation software offering and Simatic MindApps
- across our existing and new customer base including End Users and associated Supply Chain.
- The Factory Automation digitalisation software currently focuses on:
- Automation Automatic execution of engineering tasks
- PLM integration to automation engineering
- Efficient cloud based engineering
- Virtual commissioning
- Integrated Energy Management
- Machine and plant security
- Data acquisition for Cloud Services
- Communication networks to handle IIoT data
- Use a value selling approach to understand the customers’ requirements, align with the Siemens portfolio and provide insight to stimulate the business around this.
- Support the wider Siemens Digitalisation campaigns.
- Provides customers and account representatives with strategy and solution advice and supports during pre-sales co-creation on Digitalisation solutions.
- Actively participate in account planning sessions in cooperation with the local sales and technical resources on strategic opportunities.
- Identification of new market opportunities
- Educates sales team and channels to multiply efforts.
- Maintain and develop close working relationship with our partner (Distribution & Solution Partner) network.
- Collaboration with, and support of, Internal Sales, Technical Support and Customer Services.
- Working closely with the regional pre-sales applications support team and vertical account teams to develop demonstrations and solutions to customer requirements which meet scope, budget, time and quality.
- Accurately and regularly maintain our Customer Relationship Management data aligned with activity.
- Working with existing members of the Product Management and Business Development teams community to achieve overall Factory Automation business targets.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Knowledge and experience of Automation technology, workflows and interactions with wider systems
- A broad understanding of Digitalisation technology (Cloud/AI/IoT/Networks/Cyber Security/Simulation) with demonstrated success winning new business in cutting edge technology markets
- An understanding of strategic business development techniques
- In depth understanding of Key Digitalisation topics with Siemens and/or competitor offerings and a broad understanding of wider IT/OT concepts such as networking cyber security, data analytics and software lifecycles.
- The ideal candidate is a Sales Professional with a technical background that possesses in-depth knowledge of the industrial automation market:
- customer challenges, pain-points and decision processes
- Siemens and competitors products and their target markets
- Value based and insight selling
- Industrial automation selling process
- Communication is a key aspect of this role – verbal and written. Presentation skills are required both in delivering presentations, but also in developing standardised presentations and tools for use by the sales community.
- Demonstrable experience in automation/software systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as above.
- HNC / HND in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science would be advantageous
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Account Management team sits within two businesses - Digital Factory and Process Industries & Drives. Our Digital Factory division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based solutions, meanwhile Process Industries & Drives increases our customers’ productive and improve their time-to-market with innovative & integrated technology.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Job ID: 65367
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time