Commercial Project Manager
Commercial Project Manager provides full commercial responsibility for the projects and supports the Project Managers in the execution of the projects with the objective of executing the project within the defined targets (e.g. costs, time, and quality) and ensuring customer satisfaction.
What are my responsibilities?
- Have good knowledge in financial topics related to VAT, Export control, Goods Accompanying Invoices, Hedging, Internal Control System etc.
- Regularly monitor purchase order commitments and new ordering (internally and from external suppliers)
- Manage and optimize targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments)
- Prepare commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the commercial project data
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP/ IFRS15 requirements, Siemens FRG and internal controls
- Initiate invoicing according to project progress and contractual terms
- Ensure the accuracy of project books and records, incl. recording of such in appropriate systems, e.g. SAP, PMTC
- Ensure the application and the continuously managing of financial Guarantees, Bonds and project securities
- Support the PM in identifying, minimizing non-conformance costs and establishing an appropriate reporting structure; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general.
- Support cost controlling (e.g. transparency, productivity) and asset management (inventory, A/R)
- Participate in hand-over meetings, review letter of acceptance before issuance to customer, perform Order Entry & Contract Type Evaluation Checklist
- Responsible for project setup in Spiridon, input plan revenue/costs, prepare accounting entries, execute FX hedges or bank guarantees, review accruals/WIP or excess costs/billing monthly
- Performing detailed analysis of variances in project actuals as well as scenario planning for assigned projects over all key financial figures - Orders, Revenue, Costs, Gross Margin, NCE and Cash
- Tight control of project costs and enforcement of agreed policies and processes, e.g. procurement, vendor management and asset management
- Updating of project costs in PMTC for project reviews
- Complete PoC calculation/control for SAP month end process, working closely with the Financial Controller
- Management of customer invoice submission and cash receipt of project milestone payments, according to customer contract and Siemens guidelines.
- Responsible for project invoicing and billing, follow-up on receivables, taking actions with PM or customers where there are over dues to clear issues affecting payment
- Participate in project review meetings
- Verifying the vendors Invoice for correctness and completeness
- Turnover planning, forecasting, controlling and reporting on all or assigned projects on a monthly basis
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- 3 -5 years of working experience in Commercial or Business Administration in projects
- Good knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Excel & Word
- Experience of dealing with internal and external customers
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize workload and objectives with minimal supervision.
- Advanced PC & system skills (SAP preferred)
- High attention to detail and presentation.
- Ability to work well within a team across different countries and cultures
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 65411
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time