As Service and Warranty Engineer you will be responsible for handling warranty issues and escalations in a profound and professional way and securing respective lessons learned into the entire Cranes organization. Furthermore you are responsible to support and secure in time order handling and shipments during the entire project phase. You will work within a large international engineering company
“We make real what matters”
is one of the global key players in the crane electrification, automation and digitalization business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology.
Industry 4.0, Big Data, The Internet of (Every)Thing(s), Smart Industry, global trends which are particular applicable to crane solutions. With the development of sensor technology and increased interconnectivity, the historical manual crane operation shifts rapidly to fully digital and flexible terminal operation. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint is transferred to automate other terminals worldwide
Siemens Cranes offers with her cutting edge soft- and hardware-solutions, one integral digital platform for highly customized harbour and automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote controlled cranes are only a few of the Siemens Cranes developments.
To enforce the team, the department Cranes is searching for an experienced colleague with broad knowhow and interest in drive technology, automation and digitalization.
“What does this role feel like?”
You will work together with the Cranes department in The Netherlands and Germany and you work closely with the sales, project management and engineering teams. As service and warranty engineer you will report to Rink Groenveld, who is the Business Unit Manager in The Netherlands.
You will be responsible for:
- Handling and coordination of project related service/warranty cases and escalations;
- Financial control of warranty costs and claims for project deliveries;
- Handling of product failures and coordinating quality investigations and root cause analysisSpare parts offering and handling for projects during project execution;
- Support project sales in acquisition activities and offerings with technical and commercial knowhow on retrofit/modernization and service issues;Securing the order process of materials and services for projects and warranty deliveries;
- Support execution and logistics with handling and shipment of damaged and/or missing materials.
“What do you need to make real what matters?”
- You have bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with specialization drive technology and automation;
- You have service experience in a B2B environment and comparable function of which at least 3 years in international project environment;
- You have technical and commercial knowledge of industrial electrical drive technology and automation, experience with port/container handling is recommended;
- You are a communicative chameleon who is able to adapt to different cultures;
- And a team player, with motivational skills to deliver under time pressure;
- You speak fluently Dutch and English in writing and speaking;
- If you have international service experience, it is recommended.
“We have quite a lot to offer, but what’s in it for you?”
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of the benefits we offer you to make your work and life more enjoyable, more flexible and more exciting.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees. Therefor we offer you:
- A good salary.
- 40 days' holiday days per year.
- Enthusiastic and fun colleagues.
- A very divers team with people from different countries and backgrounds.
- You will be part of an international brand and network.
- Continuous development opportunities.
- Fitness and seated massage opportunities during or after work.
“We don’t need superheroes, but super minds”
Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button now - we really want to meet you!
If you have any questions, please contact Rink Groenveld on +31 65029 1592.
The application procedure may include an assessment.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.