Design Lead Engineer HTT (65848)
Siemens Heat Transfer Technology (HTT) is a supplier on the global market for solutions in the field of power generation for Power plants and Cogeneration Plants with latest available technologies.
We are the only company in the Netherlands in this field and we are proud to be in the world top 10 suppliers in this area. Our ambition is to be competitive and innovative in this field.
Siemens HTT is specialized in Heat recovery Steam Generators (HRSG’s). Implementing an HRSG and steam turbine in a Gas turbine driven power plant increases the plant efficiency enormously and therefor reduces the CO2 emission.
For our business unit in Zoeterwoude we are looking for a Design Lead Engineer.
The Design Lead Engineer is responsible for all work that has been created in the design department for the projects.
The projects will be executed in a project team. The core of the team will be a Project Manager, Project Engineer and a Supply Manager. Together they are responsible for leading the project teams on daily bases with the Project Manager as chairman.
The Design Lead Engineer will function as the right hand of the Project Engineer in the project.
Tasks are amongst others:
- Realisation of the project with respect to the design activities of the engineering and control the design team members that are assigned to the project;
- Design the HRSG according project related contract specifications, Design codes, local regulations and the Siemens internal quality requirements;
- Contribute to the setup of the project engineering schedule with respect to all design activities that need to be taken care of the project;
- Set priorities within the engineering team;
- Intervene in the engineering schedule for the design activities if it is needed to meet the project goals;
- Responsible for controlling, guiding and checking of all related engineering packages that has been subcontracted to engineering parties in the Netherlands and the rest of the world.
The Design Lead Engineer
The Design Lead Engineer must have at least a Bsc. working and education level, preferably with a Bsc. degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 10 years of working experience in the field of Engineering.
Multidisciplinary knowledge in the design environment and good communication skills in English is recommended (verbally and on paper) Being able to speak Dutch is preferable.
Job ID: 65848
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time