Materials Engineer AM
Work place: Finspång
Organisation: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB
Materials engineer to the Additive Manufacturing Tec-team
Join us on our journey into the future #FutureMakers #Siemens
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda. By making sustainable energy solutions more cost effective, developing new technologies for the future's smart industry and electrifying passenger and freight transport, we make reality of our vision of a sustainable world.
Siemens keep investing in additive manufacturing (AM) as a mean to further strengthen the competitiveness of its power generation product lines. The AM technique enables brand new ways to design components with improved functionality, prolonged lifetimes and shortened manufacturing lead time. This requires new alloy development, AM process and quality assurance development as well as new engineering skills for design and simulation of parts, heat transfer and lifing calculations.
Do you want to be a part of developing the next generation of tailored AM alloys and bring them into real components?
- Be part in the front line of development of new advanced processes in additive manufacturing.
- Develop processes for tailored alloys for additive manufacturing.
- Develop material and inspection specifications for robust process control.
- Follow qualification of new alloys and components from idea through material property generation to fleet implementation – capabilities in simulation and testing of materials would be highly appreciated.
- Metallurgical examinations in the materials lab to assess the quality of the processed materials as well as the failure mechanisms from testing of specimens as well as serviced components.
- Cooperate within similar projects on a global base in our PG/PS network as well as with external research partners.
- Work as materials expert in AM component development projects for both new components (R&D) and repair of components (Service R&D).
Who are you?
- You have a degree of Master of Science or relevant experience from material sciences or mechanical engineering.
- Your analytical skills are strong, and you have a conscious focus on quality.
- You are a good communicator and you have the ability to take own initiatives.
- Your mindset is innovative and solution-oriented.
- We want you to have experience from mechanical testing. If you have experience from working in the AM field is considered beneficial.
- You are open to collaborate with colleagues from different sites, divisions, disciplines and components including some travels per year.
- Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB offer products and solutions for generating sustainable and resource efficient electricity. Our customers include utilities, independent power producers and companies in the oil and gas industry.
Turn challenges into opportunities
Our energy system is undergoing rapid changes and the world's energy use is steadily increasing.
These challenges require innovative solutions and products that combine both physical and digital technology, which cover the entire energy value chain. Siemens energy portfolio extends from the latest in compressors, turbines and generators to virtual power plants, smart network management and innovative storage solutions. Everything is backed by a comprehensive service offering range and genuine commitment to meeting our customers' individual needs
If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You’ll join 372,000 of the smartest minds all working together to build a better future. See more on Siemens.se
Do not hesitate - apply today via siemens.se ref nr. 65861 and no later than August 17, 2018.
The role is permanent and full time and you will be based in Finspång, Sweden. For questions about the role please contact recruiting manager Magnus Hallberg tel. +46 (122) 82113. For questions about the recruitment process contact Malin Tallberg tel. +46 (122) 81381.
Christine Lindström, Unionen, 0122-817 28
Simon Bruneflod, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Kenth Gustavsson, IF Metall, 0122-815 25
In this recruitment we renounce all calls relating to advertising and recruitment support.
Job ID: 65861
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Professional
Job Type: Either