Senior Project Engineer
From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Engineering to join our Mobility team based in Adelaide, South Australia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating the successful execution of all engineering activities on Railway Signalling Projects across the country. This role will report directly the Head of Project Engineering, and will be a core member of the project management team working in partnership with the Project Manager and Commercial Manager in order to ensure project deliverables.
To be considered for this role it is likely that you will have:
- A strong technical knowledge of railway systems
- At least 7+ years of relevant railway signalling project engineering experience and proved delivered railway signalling projects.
- Experience in development of detailed design drawings for electrical equipment
- Electrical Engineering qualifications
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- A problem solving mentality with the ability to “think outside of the box”
- The ability to develop complex technical documentation inc. drawings, instructions, bills of material
- Strong man management and resource planning/management skills
- Experience in the technical management of subcontractors and vendors
- Project planning experience
- Able to travel interstate and look after several rail projects at all stages of the project
- Exceptional communication skills
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 65919
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time