Industrial Network Engineer
As Industry 4.0, IoT, Big Data and Cloud Based services such as Mindsphere gather pace and becomes a reality rather than a vision; the need for high quality, resilient, redundant, and secure networks increase. We deliver a wide range of diverse Network Solutions that are far from the typical bland IT application; you will work on diverse projects from off-shore Wind Farms, complex Wireless Networks designed for time sensitive applications through to re-design of a Factory Network. As such solutions are diverse we also expect you to show clear flexibility to work on a multitude of hardware platforms.
The Siemens Industrial Communications & Identification Team have an excellent opportunity for a smart and competent individual to join the team as a Field based Network Engineer collaborating with the Senior Application Consultant. We envisage this role will be suitable for someone who has passed CCT or ideally CCNA and is willing to learn and develop their knowledge and skills with the Industrial Networks Team. Knowledge of Wireless Networks and Wireless Surveys using typical Wireless planning software would be an advantage.
This is field based role and the flexibility to travel is needed.
What are my responsibilities?
- Well rounded technical expertise covering industry standard technologies and protocols with validated switching, routing and network security experience.
- Demonstrate excellent fault analysis and troubleshooting skills covering the following areas:
- Configuration of Network switches and routers.
- Craft test plans and test procedures
- Testing of the Network.
- Perform systems tests and produce reports as required.
- Optimize an existing network and stage network changes as needed
- Experienced in operating RF propagation tools, and Spectrum Analyzers
- Successfully designed and implemented network projects of medium to large scale with the ability to document any works.
- Sound interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- A self starter and able to start, complete and document tasks within agreed time scales with minimal supervision.
- Excellent command of the English language and Microsoft Software,
. What do I need to qualify for this role?
- You will be a holder of networking certifications such as CCT or CCNA or Siemens Equivalent.
- You will have a strong Networking background in designing, testing, and installing a wide variety of application including Ethernet networks in Utility, Transportation (Rail, ITS) and industrial environment.
- Additionally you will also have experience designing, testing, and installing Wireless networks.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation’
Job ID: 66767
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time