Mechatronic Architect Field Devices 80-100%
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with around 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organization, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
The Field Devices Division specialises in the development of intelligent valve and actuators for building automation (HVAC). At our company, mechanics, electronics, system technology and informatics blend as an integral mechatronics system. Within the scope of our innovation and growth strategy, we develop the next intelligent drive generation for Industry 4.0. Within this context, we are looking for a visionary mechatronics architect who understands the cross-system contexts and uses them to develop innovative products and coordinate their implementation.
Your new responsibilities
- Definition of drive architectures with a focus on new developments as well as across all hardware, firmware and drive disciplines
- Determination of product extensions as well as the further development of the existing product platform
- Supporting the technical project manager when planning and defining the development phases as well as accompanying design during the implementation phase in collaboration with the development team
- Developing production concepts together with the factory
- A global contact person for the implementation and application of third-party technology such as fieldbuses, Clouds, IoT as well as the connection to mechanical and electronic valve and throttle interfaces
- Implementation of BIM, NFC and Bluetooth cross-product technology, etc.
- Planning and participation in pilot studies with higher education institutions, universities, interns as well as third-party experts and engineering companies
Your skills and experience
- Graduate in a technical subject in the field of mechatronics, mechanics or electronics
- In-depth know-how from several years’ experience in the areas of hardware, firmware as well as mechanical design
- A doer personality who acts as a bridge between development, project management and product management, promoting creative solutions
- A strong team player with a highly persuasive nature when introducing new concepts and means to the team members and management
- Knowledge of the product development process as well as basic skills with PCBA and transmission development including knowledge of standards
- Familiarity with common tools such as NX, MatLab/Simulink, KISSsys etc.
- Very good command of written and spoken German and English
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/employer.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 67559
Organization: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time