Data is at the core of everything we do. Our progress as a society and the innovative ideas, that makes our lives easier and more sustainable are all driven by data. We spend roughly 90% of our lives inside buildings - buildings that together account for over 30% of the worlds CO2 emissions – so our mission of leveraging the power of data to create perfect places is an important one. If you are an ambitious data analyst looking for an opportunity to grow, in a well resourced and results-oriented culture become a part of our business-facing team and help us to improve the performance of buildings so that the people within them and the environment around them can thrive.
We are looking for a skilled, motivated, and open minded data science enthusiast to turn data and information into innovation and action.
While collaborating within our Data Science Team, you will gain insights and unveil new opportunities for teammates and customers. We are constantly exploring new ways of working with data to see just what’s possible. At Siemens, our Data Science Team is working to leverage the power of data to create Perfect Places.
What are my responsibilities?
- Implementation and management of big data analytics projects with the focus on big data, advanced analytics, machine learning and industrial applications
- Quality validations of the data analytics models developed in the team
- Responsibility for building sustainable processes to support quickly expanding data volumes and ensuring data quality and data accessibility together with the data architects.
- Work with product managers, domain experts and customers to identify new value opportunities from data driven insights for the future of our building technology business.
- Work with R&D team to continue the implementation of data analytics into BT software applications (internal Siemens use) and products (customer use)
- Presentation of data analytics project results to internal stakeholders
- Interaction with business stakeholders and customers to understand business data and analytics requirements and identify data-driven business opportunities
What do i need to do to qualify for this job?
- You successfully completed a university degree with a strong quantitative background such as computer science, mathematics, quantitative economics, physics, electrical engineering, quantitative social sciences or engineering sciences
- You have at least 2 years of hands-on experience in the domain of data discovery and data science
- You are a generalist in that you are generally familiar with all major concepts of data science, you understand the technical terms, you have a good notion of what expertise are needed to solve a given problem, and ask insightful questions
- You are a specialist in at-least one area of data science, which you understand deeply. You can explain your particular area of expertise to non-experts and you understand the trade-offs between different approaches.
- You are up-to-date on current research and at least one programming language (python, lua, or scala, etc) and you can use it efficiently to produce high-quality results.
- You apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to improve products and understanding the behavior of the end-customers experience and their ability gain insights from data
- You have strong presentation and communication skills on a business level
- You are fluent in English and ideally a second language
Job ID: 67988
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time