Maintenance / Installation Engineer, Crawley
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems - Smart systems. Smart traffic. Thinking mobility further through adaptable and modular solutions.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems business. This is a field service role where you will be based out of the Crawley area in West Sussex but will cover locations across Surrey and Brighton.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will undertake maintenance and inspection of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/or highways systems; routine and corrective maintenance of equipment including optical maintenance, as defined by the Company and contractual requirements; commissioning of traffic signal installations and other ancillary systems.
What are my responsibilities?
- Routine and corrective maintenance of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/ or highways systems
- Periodic Inspections of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/or highways systems including electrical testing
- Complex fault diagnosis across a wide range of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/ or highway electrical systems including. CCTV, VMS, speed cameras, ANPR
- Preparation of equipment prior to final assembly e.g. Controllers, WiMag
- Commissioning of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/or highways equipment
- Out of hours working to support service contract requirements
- Standby for emergency repairs
- Support installation of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/or highways equipment
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible.
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
What do I need to qualify for this role?
HNC / ONC/ City and Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering or similar (desirable)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- IT – proficient with product specific software
- Ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Organisation – prioritisation of tasks, attention to detail
- Must hold full UK Driving License
- Working outside
- Working at heights
- Working as part of a team and working unsupervised
- Testing of electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Working on traffic signal and ancillary equipment
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 68075
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time