Mechanical Design Engineer for Electrical Aircraft Propulsion System - (Delegation to Germany)
Siemens provides answers to the toughest questions: we build infrastructure where there is no infrastructure. We energize the world, help industries run smoothly and create the digital tomorrow. The Corporate Technology team is developing components for electrified aviation, where the projects provide significant added value activities.
Germany - Munich
What kind of tasks will you have?
- Mechanical design and development of high-power density electrical machines for prototype manufacturing
- Implementation of parametric 3D models and derivation of manufacturing drawing in aerospace quality
- Structural strength calculations, selection and design of machine elements
- Coordination and planning of manufacturing and suppliers for in-time completion of prototypes and clarification of technical and financial feasibility
- Finding innovative design solutions for technologically challenging parts of electrical machines
- Working according to an aircraft quality management systems and sustainable documentation of the development
What makes you stand out?
- Academic degree in mechatronics, mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Several years of work experience in mechanical design and manufacturing solutions including rotating machines
- Lightweight design experience and excellent knowledge of mechanics
- Proficient use of CAD software (preferably Siemens NX and TeamCenter)
- Experience with analytical and numerical structural mechanical calculations (preferably with NX NASTRAN)
- Practical manufacturing experience, ideally in the field of electrical machines
- Goal-oriented, structured, independent and enduring working attitude, high initiative, creativity and dependability
In addition to providing a competitive benefit package and a modern, international work environment, we are respectful inclusive and diverse. We worship performance, celebrate individual contributions and different ways of thinking.
Job ID: 68086
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time