Data Engineer (m/w) (SB)
The Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products – be it the automotive or aerospace industry, mechanical engineering or other interesting sectors.
Join our team now in the Digital Factory Division as Data Engineer (m/f) in Vienna.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional use-cases requirements
- Build the infrastructure and procedures required for optimal Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Build the data pipelines that support the data analytics aiming to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work alongside Data Scientists to productionalize advanced computer science algorithms based on statistical and machine learning models.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Sales, and Data Science teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data access compliant with GDPR regulations within the company boundaries and the AWS data center.
- Design and implement data access restriction policies for the different stakeholders and company functions.
- Identify, design, and implement optimal data processing technologies and tools to strive for greater data lab functionality.
- A Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative field.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with and designing relational databases, optimized query authoring, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Ability to build processes supporting data transformation and cleaning, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Ability to assist in documenting requirements, as well as resolve conflicts or ambiguities.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with heterogeneous datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role. He/she should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Relational and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Redshift.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Big data tools (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) and good understanding of ML/AI models requirements.
- Dynamic data visualization solutions.
What else do I need to know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is minimum EUR 44.800,-- on a fulltime basis. An overpayment is possible depending on education and experience. Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward for your online application!
Job ID: 68371
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time