Deputy Operations Manager - Power Generation Services
Leads daily production meetings, leads touch labor activities, strong technical knowledge of; coatings, super alloy welding, brazing, CNC programming, materials evaluations, quality assessments. The position supports the general manager function by providing clear accountability between the daily production activities and order requirement commitments. This position requires technical repair knowledge and Siemens TLV’s manufacturing equipment knowledge, and EHS practices. A minimum of 15 years experiences leading and working in a service repair facility.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Strong technical knowledge (TLV’s, materials assessments, equipment trouble shooting)
- Strong internal facility leadership skills, experience motivating and team building in a manufacturing environment.
- 15 plus years’ experience leading manufacturing facilities.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook.
- Familiarity and experience with rotating equipment (steam turbine, gas turbine, reciprocating compressors, valves and dry gas seals, H gas turbines) repairs.
- Evaluating and creating facility documentation (shop travelers or process flow) to assure it is optimized and achievable.
- Experience working in an organization with a strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required, estimated 10%
- Strong technical knowledge of service related manufacturing equipment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and 15 years work experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with, vacuum furnaces operation, HVOF coating booth operation, CNC programming, materials evaluations, Siemens quality systems, CMM measurements.
- Familiarity with Siemens systems and processes
- Fluency in the English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of our H frame gas turbine.
- Knowledge of NDT evaluations.
- Knowledge of Siemens gas turbine specifications (TLV’s).
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead manufacturing activities.
- Ability to learn and navigate Service location specific processes and procedures
- Self-starter that can work remotely on various projects from all product lines.
- Interpret customer maintenance and/or repair specifications to technical personnel for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Support shop personnel in execution of activity described in recommendations.
- Liaison between technical community, quality community, and the Egypt facility. Ability to effectively communicate to touch labor employees.
- Ability to project manages conflicting manufacturing schedule requirements.
- Review quality assurance reports, project documentation, and progress reports for internal efforts.
- Prepare facility touch labor costing and scheduling.
- Ensure that all jobs are completed within job specific or general quality guidelines and assurances.
Job ID: 68552
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time