Quality/Engineering Manager - Power Generation Services
Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The Quality Manager is the first-line contact between the global Siemens network quality team and the Egypt facility team. The position supports the operations manager function by providing clear accountability between the facility and external and internal customers. This position requires technical repair knowledge and Siemens quality process knowledge with a minimum of 10 years experiences working in a service repair facility.
What are my responsibilities?
- Travel as needed to Siemens locations to globally align the Egypt facilities quality with other internal Siemens facilities.
- Ability to learn and navigate Service location specific processes and procedures
- Self-starter that can work remotely on various projects from all product lines.
- Interpret customer maintenance and/or repair specifications to technical personnel for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Review TLV’s and shop travelers to assure KPI’s are being achieved.
- Support shop personnel in execution of activity described in recommendations.
- Liaison between technical community and the Egypt facility. Ability to effectively communicate to touch labor employees.
- Approve quality descriptive work instructions to the shop floor.
- Prepare quality assurance reports, project documentation, and progress reports for internal efforts.
- Support and maintain lean implementation projects.
- Support contract review including Terms & Conditions to assure quality can be achieved.
- Prepare quality assurance inspection plan.
- Ensure that all jobs are completed within job specific or general quality guidelines and assurances.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Strong process quality knowledge and project management. Ability to plan and lead qualifications.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering with 10 plus years’ experience leading quality efforts and qualifications in manufacturing facility.
- Familiarity and experience with rotating equipment (steam turbine, gas turbine, reciprocating compressors, valves and dry gas seals) repairs and evaluating coating material specifications.
- Experience working in an organization with a strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required, estimated 10%
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 68553
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time