Sonographer (6 months contract)
What are my responsibilities?
- Assist with the daily operation of the sonography facility.
- Provide preliminary report of sonography examinations for use by the interpreting physician.
- Equipment Use and Maintenance
- Perform quality control procedures to ensure that the ultrasound equipment operates at optimal levels.
- Exercise responsibility to ensure that the ultrasound equipment is functioning accurately.
- Assume responsibility for the preventive maintenance program for ultrasound equipment.
- Documentation and Reporting
- Document any incidental findings that might impact patient safety or patient care and provide that information to the interpreting physician.
- Exercise responsibility for the maintenance and accuracy of facility reports, database records and logs.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement
- Ensure that the sonography examination results meet the facility standards for Quality Assurance before findings are released for interpretation.
- Work with the appropriate staff to ensure quality patient care.
- Carry out Quality Assurance protocols and Quality Improvement measures within the facility.
- Health Care Team Interaction
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, administrators, and members of the health care team.
- Foster a collaborative atmosphere with other members of the healthcare team.
- Assist with the education and training of sonography students and physician residents.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Sonography education, training, and experience in the specialty area(s) to be performed.
- Demonstrated competence in the specialty area(s) to be performed
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning (e.g., continuing medical education in the specialty area(s) performed, higher education, research, staff training, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills and software programs used for documentation activities and report generation.
- Radiographer certification by the Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) is an added advantage.
What else do you need to know?
With 47,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
Job ID: 68938
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time