We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join the Software team at Siemens. You will have the unique opportunity to work on world's most widely used product lifecycle management (PLM) software, Teamcenter. Come join our agile culture and participate in designing, developing and delivering the next generation of solutions for Teamcenter.
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team, delivering commercial solutions to a wide variety of customers with focus on applying industry standards, surpassing customer expectations, achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
- Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems.
- Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts.
- Acts as Technical lead of major projects withinone area of a product.
- Frequently consults with customers in regard to future upgrades and products.
- Influences the technical direction for one area of a product.
- Promotes innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into at least one area of a product and to our people.
- Provides high-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
- Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group.
- Possesses broad knowledge of internal operating systems, applications implications and customer areas.
- Technical Lead in guiding junior engineers.
- Works without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of the field. Continuous learning and growing.
- Work in the office as part of a co-located Agile team.
- Provide mentoring, knowledge transfer and assist in training for other members in your areas of expertise.
- Work closely with differentglobal Teamcenter teams to be able to effectively design, build & deliver Solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM discipline supplemented with real world programming experience.
- Agile Process Experience: 3+ or more years in an Agile development environment.
- Software Development Experience: 8+ years with
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ on a UNIX or Linux/Windows Platform).
- Strong software development and architectural back ground using data structures, algorithms, design patterns, data modeling.
- Experience in designing and implementing TDD and excellent understanding of automated testing.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Experience with CI/CD Tools and deployment.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database platforms – SQL Server, MySQL,Oracle, POSTGreSQL. Example skills:
o Provide input to Database related questions with respect to optimal usage of Teamcenter on Oracle, MS SQL, PostGreSQL, MySQL, etc.
o Identify performance issues and provide database tuning suggestions (additional indexes, SQL review, etc.)
o Provide support for any reported database-related issues
o Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities
o Work with database vendors on issues
- Ability to learn / dive into the technology trends and to explore them in practice to implement PoC.
- Self-Directed, High Energy and desire to innovate.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experience in providing technical leadership to teams.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
- High degree of organization to manage & maintain project plans, provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing Micro Services.
- Experience Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database platforms – SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, POSTGreSQL. Example skills:
o Define best practices around migrating applications and required Databases to Cloud platform.
o Provide installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting support for database application software in the Cloud.
o Diagram and document database Cloud implementations.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 69075
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time