Country Business Unit Manager - Service Controls and Digitalization
About the Role:
Implements strategic business guidelines, agrees on and ensures implementation of divisional and regional strategy for the Controls & Digitalization Business Unit within Siemens Power Generation Services. The regional responsibility includes Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Responsibility for the strategic direction and its implementation within the overall Business Unit
- Responsibility for the P&L of the business unit on the basis of the business target agreement (BTA) which is agreed with PS Division Lead and Business Unit Management
- Lead and represent the business unit to achieve best results in EVA, profit, growth and innovation by effective performance of financial and technical resources, market penetration and excellent leadership and people development
- Responsible for adherence to all internal, external and corporate policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Leads, directs and develops direct and dotted line reports (together with direct managers) based on Siemens Management Tools
- Manage established local Center of Competence (Sales, Project Management, Service) with ~60 employees
- Facilitates joint service offerings (mechanical, controls, digitalization) for rotating equipment customers in the assigned utility and industrial customer market
- Represent African Customer and Market Requirements in global product development councils to creates high business impact through trend-setting innovations
- Customer Relationship Management support as per organizational requirements.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how to prepare a budget, monitor and control expenditure to achieve goals linked to team outputs; identify issues impacting revenue and return on investment.
- Develops strategies that clearly support the Organization's vision. Monitors progress on action plans. Develops contingency plans to avert potential problems
- Provides organizational leadership in area of expertise in order to ensure the attainment of key strategic goals.
- Facilitates team goal setting and problem solving.
- Facilitates the development of individual development plans for team members.
- Is able to interpret policies and procedures in order to provide quality output to the organization.
- Understands the value chain and how to improve the process of the total value chain.
- Ensures information flows where needed and presents information in an accomplished manner.
- Keeps relevant people informed of both positive and potentially negative information.
- Explains ideas and points of view in a clear, concise manner, clarifies the major points and looks for alternative explanations to ensure that message is understood.
- Produces more complex business documents, selecting language according to target recipients.
- Communicates changes in product and services.
- Offers accurate product information to the customers and consumers, increases awareness of product range and encourages purchase of product.
- Demonstrates the value and potential impact of the product/ service to the client’s business
- Relates the company’s products and services to client needs; promotes a sense of trust and confidence in the customer.
- Provides solutions that meet the diverse needs of clients.
What do I need to Qualify?
Relevant tertiary degree or diploma is essential.
Business Management experience in a service environment (3-5 years)
Business Management and Leadership Skills (3-5 years)
Experience in control solutions for power generation / rotating equipment
Experience in Cultural Diversity and Knowledge of Demographics of African Continent
Expand the business out of the installed base in Sub-Saharan Africa
Controls & Digitalization is one of the business units of the Power Generation Services Division
Introduce new digitalization solutions to traditional utility and industrial customers
Experience in leading international teams and cross-country collaboration required
Technology Fields and business Methods
Expert knowledge of power plant and turbine control solutions (automation and digitalization)
Digital and Analog Electronics
General Understanding of the Power Generation Market (Utilities and Industrial Customers)
Oil and Gas
Financial KPIs (Order Entry, Revenue, Gross Margin)
Operational KPIs (Customer Satisfaction, Productivity, Resource Utilization)
Job ID: 69455
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time