Fire Commissioning Engineer (69569)
Join Siemens Building Technologies in Ireland, based in Leinster, as a Commissioning Engineer. We are searching for two highly motivated self-starters, capable of adapting to new and emerging technologies and products.
This is a pro-active customer facing position involving both simple and complex project activities from design assistance and contractor management, to commissioning, testing, handover and service of the Siemens Building Technologies portfolio.
Change the future with us.
Reporting directly into the Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Commissioning, integration and service of all Fire Safety and Security systems sold by Siemens
- Ensuring all systems are completed according to specification and design process
- Preparing handover documentation and certification
- Ensuring completion in accordance with specification and national standards
- Understanding of customers business and Fire Safety and Security requirements,
- Demonstrating credibility, trust and commitment to build and maintain customer relationships
- Complying with regulatory, health & safety, and quality standards
- Ensuring utilisation of company standard processes and working instructions
What you need to make real what matters.
As the Commissioning Engineer you will:
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, capable of adapting to new and emerging technologies and products
- Have extensive experience of commissioning complex Fire Safety Systems
- Have detailed knowledge of Cause and Effect programming and Networking
- Have extensive knowledge of Fire Safety market
- Have extensive knowledge of national standards
- Have sound understanding of Access Control, Intruder and CCTV systems,
- Have the ability to communicate with people at all levels, technical, non-technical, verbal and written, e.g. report writing, email, client meeting, test documentation
- Have a sound understanding TCP/IP Protocol principles and network security
This role is based in Leinster. But you’ll also get to visit other locations across the UK, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
There will be travel in this role around Ireland which may involve occasional overnight stays.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Siemens Building Technologies: we are about what buildings make possible.
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it.
Our vision is to help our customers create perfect places. Operating in an exciting environment where cutting edge technology interfaces with iconic architecture to provide a safe, secure and comfortable environment that enhances the wellbeing of all who cross the threshold.
This challenging, rapidly changing and thrilling business needs the best people to bring market leading solutions into the built environment and ensure they function each and every day.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 69569
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time