Technical Director (m/w/d) for Railway Turnkey Projects
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Directs and supervises engineering processes and interface management between different railway systems – also driverless systems - in customer projects
· Leads the system solution and integration process according to customer specifications and company standards and within the defined requirements (e.g. time, quality, cost)
· Manages interfaces between customers, partners and subsuppliers or subsystems and guides members of all involved engineering teams
· Evaluation of subsystem technologies and contractual compliances of technical requirements
· Reviews engineering designs and coordinates lines of action
· Interprets requirements from, cooperates with and reports to clients and stakeholders
· Assumes leading role in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers and Siemens internal groups
· Regular presentation of work results in Siemens internal and external meetings
· Coordinates planning and testing of on-site activities such as commissioning and operation
· Technical support of the manufacturing and commissioning engineers regarding analysis of technical solutions and answering of technical inquiries
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
· Degree in technical engineering, preferably in traffic planning, traffic engineering or electrical engineering preferably with railway‑specific specialisation
· Extensive professional experience (minimum 10 years desired) experience and evaluation expertise in railway transportation systems
· Experience in rail guided transport operation e.g. driverless systems is desirable
· Several years of work experience as team member in international projects (at least two international railway project executions)
· Profound experience in technical engineering and interface management as well as professional experience in requirements management including verification and validation, RAM, Safety, operational aspects (specifically UTO/GOA4) EMC, earthing and bonding, test and commissioning etc.
· Technical knowledge on all major subsystems of a railway turnkey project, e.g. Signalling, Railway Communication, Electrification, Power Supply, Rolling Stock, SCADA, Track Work etc.
· Experience in reading and understanding of contractual technical requirements
· Knowledge of project management principles for project realisation and execution
· Knowledge of engineering processes and standards associated with this, e.g. DIN EN 50126, contract and claim management
· Technical team leadership experience
· Conflict management
· Fluent English essential, good knowledge of German and other foreign languages such as French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic an advantage
· Due to the international orientation of the projects, mobility and willingness to travel is essential. This may also require long-term delegations.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Ms Beier.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 70335
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional