From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Integration Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility team on Rail Systems Projects. Based in our Sydney office(other locations may be considered for the right candidate), the successful candidates will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has immense market potential.
The Systems Integration Engineer is experienced in systems integration for Rail systems projects involving signalling and interlocking systems. They implement the system Integration strategy, system integration plans and create a controlled system integration environment to perform the integration of the system elements into a complete robust and functional system. Consistent system integration management is to be ensured throughout the entire project execution phase in order to minimize the technical risks of complex projects.
As appropriate they may act as the Systems Engineering interface for their areas of responsibility to the Customer, Project Management, the Bid Group, Engineering, technical interface partners, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
To be considered for this role you will require the following:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Systems Integration, System Engineering and/or System V&V
- A tertiary Engineering qualification in the Electrical, Electronic or Communications field
- Prior experience in rail systems projects is ideal including signalling project etc ETCS, CBTC, PTC etc. However, system integration engineering experience in industries such as aerospace, defence, power, industrial control, oil and gas, manufacturing or other regulated industries may also be applicable
- Preferably conversant with European industry standards such as EN50126, 50128, 50129 etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across various projects
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 70642
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time